It’s that time of year again, when the weather becomes unbearably chilly and Sydney icon Butter warms us all up with their delicious ramen.
Until October 26 this year, they’ve brought back their famous Fried Chicken Ramen, but this time there’s a twist. Executive Chef Julian Cincotta has collaborated with four of Australia’s best chefs to create six different and unique ramen dishes over the next few months.
View this post on Instagram
“I love the spirit of this collaboration, it’s about taking something we’ve all enjoyed on the way through, and breathing a bit of ourselves into it, which is really at the heart of what ramen is,” said Nick Smith of Rising Sun Workshop.
“Despite what many would have you believe, ramen isn’t this static dish, chained to tradition. In fact, the very reason it’s the breakout international star of Japanese cuisine, reaching every corner of the globe, from college dorms to three-star restaurants is its ability to change and the willingness of people to understand this”.
Each ramen will only be available for one month each, and only in-store at Butter Surry Hills, Parramatta and Chatswood — so no delivery platforms, sorry about it. The best news is that Brissy can get a little taste for the first time thanks to a weekend popup at Stanley coming in August.
Need to know exactly what’ll be in store? I can respect that. Here’s the full schedule:
Ume Burger – Available May 19 – June 21
- The Ume Miso Corny: a miso-based tare with corn and Butter’s chicken broth.
Rising Sun – Available June 22 – July 26
- Burnt Ends Chicken Hot Ballz: a burnt ends glaze on Butter’s Fried Chicken.
Stanley Brisbane – Available July 27 – August 30
- Five Spice Fragrant Ramen: a mix of Cantonese and Japanese flavours, served with Butter’s Fried Chicken.
Butter – Available August 31 – September 27
- French Dip Ramen Fried Chicken Sandwich
LPs Quality Meats – Available September 28 – October 26
- LP’s, known for its small-goods, will be making a smokey flavour packed chicken small-good for this special ramen.
(Lead image: Provided / Butter)