You may have heard the very recent buzz about a new Shapes flavour, Chilli Cheese. Which, yes, frankly sounds delicious. Now, though, Arnott’s have released an air fryer recipe using this new flavour, and it actually looks so good.
First things first, the Chilli Cheese Shapes themselves does exactly what it says on the box — combines a mix of cheese and spice in a savoury biccie.
“We know this new, limited-edition flavour will be a hit for those chilli lovers who like it a little hot, as they bring a new kind of heat, complimented by a cooling cheese flavour,” said Arnott’s Marketing Manager Shannon Wright in a statement.
Now onto the main event, the recipe. As a vegetarian I know I shouldn’t be saying this, but these Chilli Cheese Chicken Wings actually sound so good. Plus, I’m a huge fan of the humble air fryer. So here’s the recipe, please enjoy.
Shapes Chilli Cheese Chicken Wings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Occasion: Parties, gatherings
- 1 box Arnott’s Shapes Chilli Cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 kg Chicken nibble pieces
- 1 ½ litres vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1-2 jalapeno chilli’s sliced
- In a food processor, process biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl and lightly whisk. Place flour in a medium bowl.
- Lightly coat chicken, one by one in flour, shake off any excess, then dip in the egg mix, then the Shapes Chilli Cheese crumb mixture, pressing gently.
- Heat oil in a medium frypan. Cook chicken in batches until golden and cooked through. Place on a lined baking tray sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for 5-10 mins or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Garnish with sliced Jalapeno.
(Lead image: provided / Arnott’s)