Here we are on the cusp of a long weekend, and bloody hell do we need it. You know what else we need, whether you’re staying home or taking advantage of the increasing number of borders opening around the country? Cocktails. Lots of them. All weekend.
Luckily, Barcardi have just release their Spiced flavour — gold rum mellowed in charred American Oak for a hint of smokiness and blended with natural flavours and spices, including vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon — and shared a couple of ‘island in the sun’ -esque cocktail recipes to go with it.
Grab the shaker and the straw hat, let’s get this party started.
Bacardi Spiced Rum Punch
- 25ml Bacardi Carta Blanca Rum
- 10ml Bacardi Spiced
- 5ml grenadine
- 25ml orange juice
- 25ml pineapple juice
- 10ml cranberry juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a large container, combine all liquid ingredients. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, pour into a large punch bowl, stirring in ice.
- Garnish the bowl with floating lemon slices.
- Serve each glass with a single lemon wheel.
Spiced Pina Colada
- 60ml Bacardi Spiced
- 30ml pineapple juice
- 3-4 cubes of fresh pineapple
- 30ml coconut water
- 2 teaspoon castor sugar
- Garnish: pineapple slice and leaf
- Place the pineapple chunks into a cocktail shaker and crush them lightly using a muddler or bar spoon.
- Pour in the pineapple juice and coconut water and stir to dissolve the sugar, before pouring in the Bacardi Spiced.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake.
- Pour the mix into a highball over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice and leaf.
(Lead Image: Provided / Barcardi)
Kassia is the Editor of AWOL, and a straight-up travel addict. She was born without a sense of direction, yet an intense desire to explore the world. As such, she's lost 90% of the time but she's learned to roll with it. You can catch her latest adventures on Instagram @probably_kassia.